It is hard for me to believe that we are already this far into November. This year has gone by so quickly, and with my departure to Haiti inching closer, the pressure is on for getting final preparations made.
The biggest things left on my agenda are to finish off my time at work, begin handing off my responsibilities as the Associate Pastor of my church, work on gathering all my necessary supplies for Haiti, and continue the ongoing process of fundraising.
FINISHING THINGS UP AROUND HERE
As far as work goes, I am getting more and more eager for December 23 to get here so I can be done with this job. However, as I am down to the final stretch of the race for getting student loans paid off by then, I also can’t complain that I’m not getting enough hours. In fact, most nights the last couple of weeks have been 13 hours long.
On the church side of things, with Grace Baptist Church officially now moving full force toward the January 8th re-launch as Redemption Church, my final work there is wrapped around the transition and trying to help get training systems in place for raising up Elders and Deacons as the formal leadership in the church.
Also, November is our Missions Emphasis month, and as one being sent out of our church I will be preaching the November 20th service and sharing details about my work with HGIM. Those services will be followed with a for-donation Thanksgiving Fellowship Dinner, and all proceeds will be going to my work in Haiti. If you are in the Odessa, TX area, please come join us that day. Services begin at 10a.m.
Last week I had the privilege of preaching and presenting HGIM to Central Baptist Church of Bowie, TX, under the leadership of Pastor Rocky Lindley and Youth Pastor Guy Mervyn. I have known both of them since college and it was an enjoyable weekend catching up and hearing how God is working in their ministry now. I am very thankful for their continued encouragement and support of my ministry.
In the beginning of December, Dave Young, Executive Director of HG-Haiti is leading a small team down to the orphanage facilities in Kenscoff, to make a final assessment of the situation before I move down in January. Although some of my final needs for that trip will be determined during their survey, some known physical needs I know I have to get include things like a handheld GPS system, quality digital camera, and a water bottle with built in filtration. If you would like to help provide any of these items or for a complete list of physical needs please contact me.
I am also still seeking any individuals or churches willing to join with my ministry through financial support. This can be a one time gift or a recurring contribution as you feel led, and our online giving makes doing so easier than ever. Simply click here to begin the process. From there, you can also “join my team” as a fundraiser and receive your own customizable donation page to help you spread the word and raise support for my ministry.
And although time is getting short, I can still be available most weekends through the end of the year to any churches desiring to have me present the ministry before I leave on this trip.
2012 LONDON OUTREACH
The team is forming, a plan is coming together, and I am in the process of developing some of the written materials we will be using during our time in the U.K. I am excited as God is opening doors, and am praying for a solid team to form, ready to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations as they gather together in England around the Olympics.
If you are at all interested in participating in this mission, I have good news. We are extending the deadline for the $100 discounted fee until December 15. To take advantage we must receive your completed application and application fees by that date. You can download that application here.
We are specifically seeking individual who have a heart for one-on-one evangelism and/or people who are interested in being a part of the drama team that will be doing skits and other street performances to help draw people together.
OTHER 2012 MISSIONS OPPORTUNITIES
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the short-term missionary opportunities HGIM has available this next year, here is a list of the trips still actively taking applications at this time. If you want more information on any of the trips, contact me directly and I can get you in touch with the trip leader.
- India ~ March 1-10, 2012 ~ $3500
- Leader: Jeanice McDade, Director HG-India
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2012
- Haiti – Dates and Cost T.B.A. (Late May-Early June, estimated $1500-2000)
- Leaders: David Young, Director HG-Haiti and Scott Ingram, HGIM Minister of Evangelism
- Contact me for more info.
- Olympics ~ July 25 – August 2, 2012 ~ $2499 ($2399 by Dec. 15)
- Leader: Scott Ingram, HGIM Minister of Evangelism
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2012 (or March 1 with a $50 late fee)
- Uganda (Unreached People Focus) ~ November 3-17, 2012 ~ $3500
- Leader: Denise Matthews, Director HG-East Africa
- Deadline: January 1, 2012
Unfortunately the deadline has passed for the June trip to Uganda, but please be in prayer as that team is beginning preparations and working on their own fundraising needs.
- I have been doing my best to fight off the allergies and other crud that comes with the change of seasons, but despite all my doctor’s recommended medicines, I have yet to see major improvements, and am now taking antibiotics for a minor sinus infection. Please pray that I can get over some of this as it is making getting anything accomplished harder than it should be.
- Pray for my spiritual preparation for Haiti during this busy season of finishing things up here. Pray that my relationship with Christ remains the first priority no matter what else “has to get done.”
- Pray for the continued preparations for the Olympic Outreach and for the team members that God is calling to join this mission, both their spiritual readiness and ability for raise the necessary funds.
- Pray for my finances as I am still only in the “Probably OK” category for Haiti.
Thank you so much to everyone who is praying for me and those who have already given money to help my work move forward. As we move into the holiday season, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of friends and family and multitudes of things to be thankful for this year.
As always you can contact me with any questions or for more information about what is going on with my ministry at email@example.com or 1-888-91Psalm ext. 1.